Key Investment Experience
- An Independent oil and gas exploration and production company focused on acquiring and developing oil properties in Sub-Saharan Africa. At time of commitment, Company’s assets were producing approximately 900 bopd. At the time of exit, Company expanded production to almost 10,000 bopd per day.
- Pan-African GSM mobile telecommunications provider created to capitalize on deregulation and privatization in the African telecommunications sector. At time of exit, Company grew its subs to 4 million in 13 countries (from 40,000 subs at entry).
- Leading mobile network operator in Kenya. Company has developed and launched nationwide the first mobile banking service to allow Kenyans to transfer money via SMS. Investment exited via IPO in NSE.
- Second largest banking branch network and largest privately owned domestic bank in Zambia. It had a track record of 20 years of growth. At time of exit, company had reached a nationwide foot print in Zambia, with a branch network of over 33 branches and over 10 agencies.
Select Advisory Experience
A – Corporate Mandates
- Advised large Middle East and North Africa based financial group with regards to organic and external expansion of private equity activity in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Advised large West African based family office on divestment strategies within their natural resources portfolio.
B – Sovereign Mandates
- Served as Transaction Advisor to African Government with regards to Strategic investments and Advised on policy direction in financial services sector and on investment code revision.
- Advised African Government with regards to efficient strategies within key strategic areas such as Civil Aviation and Climate Change.